MU Stage 2 requires the use of DIRECT Messaging for Transition of Care objectives. DIRECT Messaging is more secure than standard e-mail, faxing and other traditional ways
of exchanging health information.
Through Direct Messaging providers and facilities can exchange messages (both with and without chart data attachments) that is encrypted and secure.
The encryption is accomplished with certificates that are exchanged by the Direct messaging servers. This makes it so only the intended receiver can decrypt and read the message.
By signing up for MDToolbox-Direct, we connect you to the largest Direct Clinical Messaging Network in the U.S.
Providers can exchange data with:
- Providers & Hospitals in the Surescripts Network
- Providers & Hospitals participating in other Direct Trusted Agent Accreditation Programs (DTAAPs)
- Health Information Exchanges (HIEs) & Health Information Service Providers (HISPs)
- Retail Clinics
What Meaningful Use Stage 2 objectives does MDToolbox-Direct help you meet? Our DIRECT messaging module is compliant with the DIRECT project specifications, helping with:
- 170.314(b)(1) - Transition of Care: Receive
- 170.314(b)(2) - Transition of Care: Transmit
- 170.314(e)(1) - View, download and transmit